- Application window opens Monday, March 23, 2020. Click here for submission form.
- Application window closes Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- Informational Meetings are scheduled for students who meet minimum eligibility requirements
- Student Shadow Days were scheduled to take place between April 20 - May 28, 2020 - HOWEVER, this may not be possible due to school closings.
- Applicants are notified if they have been accepted on Friday, June 5, 2020
For more information see our Admissions FAQ page.
Shabazz High School Minimum Eligibility Requirements
All applicants' individual school records will be reviewed to determine if students are eligible for an informational meeting. Please read the following minimum requirements which are taken into consideration during the initial evaluation.
- Demonstrating an ability to meet the behavioral expectations in the past two quarters. Students may not have any behavioral referral (Levels 3, 4, or 5 in the BEP) showing aggression toward other students or staff; or, may not have more than 6 behavioral referrals involving Level 2 behaviors that involved conflicts with students or staff. Students may not have behavioral referrals (Level 3, 4, or 5) for alcohol or other drug violations;
- Demonstrating an ability to read at a secondary school level with accommodations if needed. This will be evaluated through test scores, grades, and types of credits earned;
- On track to graduate on time or with an additional year of work – Grade 11 applicants must have a minimum of 6 credits and Grade 12 applicants must have a minimum of 12 credits.