The Madison Metropolitan School District Athletics Program is considered an integral part of the secondary educational program. Our vision is that MMSD athletics provides equitable programming opportunities that support the District’s vision to prepare all students for college, career, and community.
Athletics play an integral role in community building and identity of Madison schools and support the development of commitment, reliability, honesty, integrity, accountability, and perseverance in each of our student athletes. Through participation in co-curricular athletics programs, students strive to become better students, athletes, leaders, and citizens.
Our purpose is to provide unique educational experiences that will contribute to the development of better citizens. Emphasis is upon the teaching "through" athletics in addition to teaching the "skills of" athletics.
The Madison athletic program provides a wide range of opportunities for all students who desire to participate in Interscholastic athletics at Madison high schools.
MMSD Athletics Covid Health and Safety Guidance For The Fall Season:
- MMSD Athletics will follow PHMDC School Guidelines related to screening, quarantining. and suspension of group activities.
- WIAA and public health guidance will be followed and continue to be updated
- Vaccination is strongly recommended.
- Students who are NOT vaccinated who have a COVID exposure will be required to quarantine (removed from practice and games) for 10 days.
- Vaccinated Student-Athletes who have a COVID exposure will not be required to quarantine (removed from practice and games).
- All existing mitigation procedures will stay in place regarding hygiene, screening, contact tracing, and record keeping of participants.
- Masking is required at all times during any transportation via bus, van, rental vehicle.